[ale] Need PCMCIA network card quick.

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 3 06:01:58 EST 2001

"Tommie M. Jones" wrote:

> Pulled Dongle out of Network card one too many times and am now on site.
> I need to pick up a PCMCIA(sp?) network card where I don't have to
> recompile the Kernel to get to work.  Any suggestions?

I'm very happy with a Netgear 10/100 card I got at Circuit City
for about $30 I think. The card-manager on my Slack 8 box
recognized and configured it out-of-the-box. No dongle, but the
card flares out to make room for the 10base-T jack. That could
cause problems if you must have a second card installed
at the same time, depending on the form factor of the second
card.

Cheers,

-- Joe

--
# "This torch I bear is scorching me; Buffy's
   laughing, I've no doubt! I hope she fries,

---