[ale] Linux/Apache Seg Fault.

C I comidio at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 30 12:16:58 EDT 2001

I am getting Apache errors everytime that I try and
run a Java class I get a segmentation error. This
occurs whenever I load a page that has the php/java
code in it.  The machine has 256mb of memory and is
showing no signs of breathing hard, even though for
some reason my memory usage is real high even when
idle. Here is the error from my log

[Thu Aug 30 08:35:33 2001] [notice] child pid xxxxx
exit signal Segmentation
fault (11)
I am running RH 7.1(2.4.2) Apache 1.3.19 with mod_ssl
and OpenSSL, PHP is
configured as follows:

./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql
--with-pfpro=shared,/tmp/verisign/payflowpro/linux
--enable-trackvars
--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs
--with-java=/usr/java/jdk1.3.1
--with-zlib

everything works fine except the Java. I have
configured the Java before
using Kaffe and everything ran fan. I switched to
JDK1.3.1, and also
configured PHP as a DSO instead of static in case I
wanted to upgrade I
didn't have to fight with my system all over again. I
have since recompiled PHP as a static module and still
I get the Segmentation Fault.

Bill