[ale] Trivial SMTP server

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Fri Aug 24 18:21:26 EDT 2001

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Joseph Andrew Knapka wrote:

> Actually, upon further consideration I guess it would be
> nice to not be dependent on my ISP for this kind of thing.
> So I'll check this out. However, it seems there's one
> missing piece of this -- I'll need to run a POP server
> as well, yes?

Depends on what client software you're using. Kmail, for instance, will
let you specify a local mail folder. Many others do as well. I prefer Pine
myself. If you're into the GUI thing, there are some folks working on a
GUI interface for Pine. I think it's called xpine. Last time I looked at
it, it was on sourceforge.net

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security