[ale] Getting BSFA to work with Linux using PPPoA?

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Sun Aug 19 20:44:38 EDT 2001

Ryan Bradford Neily wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to get Bellsouth Fastaccess to work with Redhat 7.0
> on a PPPoA connection?  I am currently using PPPoE (Roaring Pengiun) and
> it works great, however, I would like to use PPPoA to see if I get a
> little better performance.
>
> My current setup is Roaring Pengiun PPPoE, and a Alcatel 1000.  I would
> like to go to PPPoA, and the Alcatel 1000. Is this as simple as starting
> the PPTP client under linux?

PPTP really has nothing to do with dsl.  It's the 'point-to-point
tunneling protocol' developed by Microsoft.  It's typically used to
create (insecure) vpns.

That is, unless there is another PPTP that I'm not aware of, which is
very likely...

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

"I don't want a Microsoft Passport, and Microsoft can't have my wallet."