[ale] 486 laptop continues...

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed Aug 8 18:18:29 EDT 2001

Okay, slack crapped out on me, so I'm on to a Debian install. I've got
to the point where I'm trying to mount the nfs share.  I'm getting an
error 'invalid argument' when attempting to mount the share as follows:

mount -t nfs NFS_IP_ADDR:/share/debian/d1

I've got nfs support loaded as well as the driver for the nic.  I'm
getting to the nfs server as I see logged info on the nfs attempt.

I can mount this share just this way from another box on the subnet.

The IP of the box is 172.16.255.251,
the nfs sever 172.16.255.253 and

I've got this in /etc/exports:

/share/debian/d1  172.16.255.0/255.255.255.0(ro)

So folks, anyone have any ideas????  What's with the 'invalid argument'
gripe???

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit
to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence." - Albert Einstein