[ale] an attack,, question of curiosity

Stephen Turner artic_knight at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 7 15:03:47 EDT 2001

eh, im new and im nieve to some of the concepts of
linux :P anyways one day i left my computer on as i
went to school, (tech) i wanted to fool with lilo some
during my boring class... well i forgot to write my
ip, when i came home my Knight user could not use x
windows so i logged out and checked root, root had a
mail message that bounced due to a full mailbox the
address was gh0st at altivista.net this burned me up cuz
the reason x would not work is the logs were deleted.
i reinstalled everything paranoid someone may have
modified my computer for the worse er something.. not
like it would have matterd much anyways. (i do very
little with this computer) after the reinstall i tried
it again... going to school that is with the computer
on... this time he left the message again (blank
email) but did not bother to del my logs.... is this a
worm or a user? my ip had changed due to dhcp so did
he track me down?