[ale] cdrw help

Stephen Turner artic_knight at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 7 14:53:27 EDT 2001

ahh yes your right.... :P i tried doing it too... just
forgot to rerun lilo :P how silly of me! thanks for
the refresh of memory..... sometimes the mind slips
eh? atleast mine does :(

I'm pretty sure that RH does support it.  The put
almost every module
in their kernels.  It is in my RH kernel from 6.2.

If you look in /lib/modules/<KERNELVERSION>/scsi you
should see
ide-scsi.o.  What you need to do is tell lilo to tell
the kernel to
use that driver.  It is something like "append
hdd=ide-scsi" in your
/etc/lilo.conf file.  Then you rerun lilo.  No
recompile needed.

Check the cdwriting howto for the exact command.
Actually, I think
someone gave it earlier in this thread.

--Michael