[ale] Limiting sendmail accounts to local delivery only

Michael Phillips mike.phillips at ieionline.com
Sun Oct 29 12:55:49 EST 2000

I need to be able to limit some acounts to local delivery only. We have many
users who only need access to other local email accounts.

We also have other users who need to be able to send/receive email from the
internet at large. I have been attempting to find a method of configuring
Sendmail to allows this, however, all my efforts to date have been
unsuccessful:

user_who_cant_relay at domain.com <---- this account should be limited to only
sending mail to other users at domain.com
user_who_is_allowed at domain.com < ---- this account should have acecss to
email internally and externally.

I have tried putting entries in acecss.db:

user_who_cant_relay at domain.com    550 This account is restricted to internal
mail use only. Contact helpdesk at domain.com for assistance REJECT
user_who_is_allowed at domain.com    RELAY

This resulted in user_who_cant_relay at domain.com not being able to send mail
PERIOD.

How can this be accomplished? I have searched the Sendmail FAQ, the BAT Book
and this newsgroup.

TIA

Mike

Michael Phillips                                   IT Manager
<*mike.phillips at ieionline.com* >       Phone: 256-362-8562 Ext 143
International Enterprises, Inc.              Fax: 256-362-0102
108 Allen St                        http://www.ieionline.com
Talladega, AL 35160                 "Superior Avionics for the Military"

DISCLAIMER: Opionions expressed are not neccessarily those of my employer