[ale] bleeding edge (was why so difficult)

jiin jiin at jiin.org
Sat Oct 28 23:06:50 EDT 2000

Bleeding edge stuff? hell I am just trying to play mp3's on my box. If
thats bleeding edge then your sadly behind.

as to the other points :

winblows sux but when you get an update you never have to remove libs to
update an app.

Look I am a linux fan and user for over 3 years .. but I think the distros
can do a better job of updating their software. If you think not then I
suggest you try compiling an app with no gcc support. install linux without
the gcc development libs and your screwed. < as I found out>

I dont mean to be the voice of doom here but linux needs to get its stuff
together if we are going to make a run at the idiots market. I know .. some
purists think the desktop is unimportant .. but I have news .. it is if you
want to increase desktop users.

jiin