[ale] why is it difficult?

jiin jiin at jiin.org
Sat Oct 28 21:48:15 EDT 2000

I have recently come across a problem that is simply a headache. Looking
back over 3 years I realize it isn't just recently. there is NO reason why
linux should be difficult to operate. I try to upgrade my x11amp for
example and I have to replace Glib .. totally. The libs wont run unless you
remove the old ones first. No surprise, no big deal. However the average
user will look at that and say .. huh?

I recently grabbed RedHat 7.0 at the als .. only to find out that it is
basically worthless. Come on guys .. lets do something well before we try
to rule the world.

Don't even get me started on RPM .. its a joke.

I love linux and will never stop[ using it, however things are simple in
other OS's. Why cant we make it simple for linux?

jiin