[ale] info

Gary Maltzen maltzen at mm.com
Tue Oct 17 11:41:14 EDT 2000

Under RH 6.1, invoking 'info' (or 'info whizbang') gets me...

File: dir       Node: Top       This is the top of the INFO tree

  This (the Directory node) gives a menu of major topics.
  Typing "q" exits, "?" lists all Info commands, "d" returns here,
  "h" gives a primer for first-timers,
  "mEmacs<Return>" visits the Emacs topic, etc.

  In Emacs, you can click mouse button 2 on a menu item or cross reference
  to select it.

* Menu:

FWIW, invoking 'rpm -qa | grep info' yields...

    info-3.12h-2
    procinfo-17-1
    texinfo-3.12h-2

And the (compressed) info docs are stored in /usr/info