[ale] OT: Memorex Tech Support

Christopher S. Adams toiletduk at penguinpowered.com
Tue Jun 20 11:57:06 EDT 2000

another thread just reminded me of
something
i know this isn't really the place to vent, but i
figured you should all know

my cd burner was acting flaky (coastering cd's at
over 1x and now not successfully burning at all) , so i called memorex tech
support and explained my situation (this was like 10 minutes before they
closed).

the conversation went something like
this:Memorex Tech: "what operating system are you using?"Me:
"windows 2000"
Memorex Tech: "we don't support windows
2000"Me: "how can you not support it? anyway, i'm running win98 as
well"
Memorex Tech: "we don't support dual
booting"
Me: "i SERIOUSLY doubt dual booting is causing the
problem, this is a problem with every cdr program i have installed coastering
every cd i make at 2x"Memorex Tech: "do you have NTI CD-Maker
installed?"
Me: "no, even when my cdr was in top condition, i
couldn't get a successful burn with that program. i use adaptec easy cd creator
and cdrwin"
Memorex Tech: "you'll have to call adaptec for
assistance on that, sir"Me: "but i stated already that this happens no
matter what cd recording program i use"Memorex Tech: "i'm sorry, but we
don't support any other programs besides NT CD-Maker, you'll have to call
adaptec for assistance. goodbye"
*click*

can you believe that?that is the worst customer
service i've ever dealt with

just figured i'd let you know

Chris