[ale] Kernel-rebuild loose ends

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Thu Jun 8 16:35:39 EDT 2000

I use the DOS-based LoadLin in lieu of lilo (don't LOL), but here's a stab at
what I do know:

The System.map file should appear in your /usr/src/linux build directory
after the kernel image has been produced. Copy it to /boot/System.map-2.2.16 .
The /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit script is looking for a .rhkmvtag file. You may need
to comment out this section of the script unless you can figure out how to
emulate it.  You may also need to generate the modules.dep file for the
modules subdir by doing a
    depmod -aei -F /boot/System.map-2.2.16 2.2.16

Unless someone knows otherwise, the module-info file appears to be a Red Hat-
specific file that doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere in the vanilla
kernel source. Just create a softlink of /boot/modules-conf-2.2.16 to point
to the 2.2.14 one and be done w/it.