[ale] Slackware user list?

Jennifer Taylor JMTaylor at wpo.co.chatham.ga.us
Wed Aug 23 09:21:35 EDT 2000

** Low Priority **

Pardon my ignorance, and keep in mind that I don't do much that requires rendering or compiling (aside from other people's source code) or other intensive operations.  Having said that, would the list mind telling me why one should be worried about pentium optimization?  Is it something your average user needs to taken into consideration when chosing a distro?   Where would this sort of thing be an issue?

Curious,
Jenn