[ale] Rights to directory

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed Aug 16 08:41:07 EDT 2000

Carl Forsell wrote:

> Thanks to all who offered suggestions.
>
> In the wee hours of the AM, a simple solution hit me.  I edited the
> /etc/passwd file to change that one users home directory to the directory
> that he needed to control.

This does not sound like a valid solution.  If the user does not have
permission to access the directory, it does not matter if you set that
as their home directory, they will not be able to access it.  On the
other hand, changing the permissions on the directory, regardless of
who's home directory it is controls the access to the directory.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

Microsoft != Innovation