[ale] Peculiarities

Chris Woodruff cwoodruff at worldwindtech.com
Sun Aug 6 08:12:47 EDT 2000

What type of sound card do you have?  I had this problem when I had
Gnome and Sawfish both with sound turned on.  I have a Diamond MX300
(Aureal 8830-based) sound card and using the drivers from Aureal's linux
web site.  When I have sound turned off within Gnome and Sawfish I do
not have the problem reoccurring.  I still can play CD's and MP3's so I
am happy.

Chris Woodruff