[ale] Running Linux on SR440BX motherboard system

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Fri Oct 15 12:29:47 EDT 1999

Mike Smith wrote:

>         I think all those components will work with Redhat but you might want to
> look at buying each component separately.  Buying the built in stuff will
> keep you from easily upgrading to the next latest and greatest video card or
> sound card.  That's my two cents worth.....but I believe all those
> components are supported,

The other side of that is that you have more slots for other hardware if
they're not taken up with sound/video etc...  Then again, most
motherboards will let you overide on board stuff (video,sound) if you
have an add on card, therefore, buying a MB with the stuff built in,
shouldn't really limit your possibility of growth.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl