[ale] RH5.2 -> 6.1

Michael B Golden naugrim at juno.com
Sat Nov 27 16:30:37 EST 1999

I currently have RedHat 5.2 installed and I'm trying to upgrade to 6.1 by
automatically downloading individual RPMS during the night and then
choosing which to install. As I get them, I install what I can, and now
it is starting to cause problems. For example, WindowMaker 0.61 will work
fine, but when I go to exit it, it comes up with a box telling me that it
crashed. I can choose to exit and dump core, but it is kind of annoying.
Secondly, I downloaded the Netscape Common and Netscape Communicator 4.7
RPMS and tried to run netscape-communicator but it dies with a
segmentation fault every time regardless of whether I am running as root
or not. I am thinking it has something to do with libraries even though
it didn't fail any dependencies. Does anyone know which ones I should
download to fix it?

System Stats:
486DX2 66
36M RAM
RH5.2 with 7-8 RH6.0 RPMS and about 20 RH6.1 RPMS.
2.2.12 kernel

Anything else I forgot to mention that is relevant?

Michael Golden
Naugrim at Juno.com (Normal, no HTML / MIME / Attachments)
MGolden at Airapps.com (Only for messages with Attachments.)
RedHat 5.2 (2.2.12) Linux user -- Linux Advocate