[ale] I love linux but ...Windows provides my living

jiin jiin at linuxfreak.com
Thu Nov 25 07:54:21 EST 1999

	Hi,
I am writing this in simple frustration. Linux rox and I have said that I would
never return to Windows for the last two years. But in the final consideration
I need to make a living. At the very least desktop publishing is 1/2 of my
living. Linux simply is not the OS to use for desktop publishing. I dont want
to re-compile my kernel everytime I get a new peice of hardware or search
endlessly for apps that simply are not there.

I appreciate everyones help in the last few months but for my "production"
oriented tasks I am forced to use windows. a disgusting state of affairs.

Thanks to all the ale folk for the help and the encouragement but after two
years I am moving back to a M$ platform for the things I need to make money
with. Linux simply doesnt support these things.

I have asked in the past for a linux version of a POS for a restaurant ( one
was featured in linux journal but good luck actually finding it), a desktop
publishing app that supported more than one page wysiwyg app or even  a simple
way to add new printers to my system without having to recompile gs with a
funky patch/addon.

Hopefully I will see the ALE in action soon .. its simply been to difficult
timewise to get to the meetings. In the mean time ... go tux go tux go tux !

jiin