[ale] IP masq limits?

Daniel Boyd dboyd at berry.edu
Mon Nov 15 11:21:53 EST 1999

Hello ALE,

I am considering placing my 1300 resident students behind an IP
masq box (running out of real IPs).  I can't find any good numbers
on this.  What kind of box will I need to do this?  What kind of
overhead can I expect on the box if I want to also run proxy
services on this same box?  Any RTFMs are appreciated as long
as they point to the FM.

Dan

Daniel Boyd, CNA                   Voice: 706/236-1750
Director                           Fax: 706/238-7858
Computing and Network Services     email: dboyd at berry.edu
Berry College         "We are confronted with
                       insurmountable opportunities."
                             -Walt Kelly