[ale] Re: If you have a sec

Johannes Erdfelt jerdfelt at sventech.com
Sun Nov 7 01:56:58 EST 1999

These are annoying. If it strips all of the headers, chances are it
doesn't respect the headers (or envelope) to bounce correctly.

What you can do is try sending an email to every subscriber, but with a
different subject. Put a number or cookie in it and match it up against
what the bounce reports back.

It's an intusive test, but it'll get the culprit. Hopefully this isn't a
transient problem.

You may want to send email to people at pios.com scolding them for using
an inferior MTA. I'm assuming that someone is forwarding mail from one
account to the gregoirem at pios.com account and pios.com is stripping this
headers. This is an assumption, so you may want to research it a little
before sending the flames :)

JE