[ale] OT: Perl Question

Robert L. Harris nomad at rnd-consulting.com
Wed Nov 3 17:26:41 EST 1999

We have some transfers being done via ftp.  At any rate, there's
no easy way to get the status of if the transfer is done or not.  Can't
just watch the size grow and when it stops get it due to network
latency.

Is there a form of stat() that will tell me if something has a file
open for writing in perl?   I'm poking around perldoc, etc but
nothing is just jumping out at me.

Robert

Robert L. Harris                |   "A person is smart;
Senior System Engineer          |        People are dumb, panicky
  R&D Consulting.               \_            dangerous animals"  - Agent K

http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

FYI: