[ale] local (or not) web hoster?

Robert Butera rbutera at ece.gatech.edu
Tue Nov 2 20:23:15 EST 1999

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Dave Brooks wrote:

> Eek, telnetd.  Try sshd.
>
> Also, you might seriously want to consider what michael suggested.
> With companies providing xDSL lines for comparitive costs of webhosting,
> it would be to your advantage to pay for a data line and host it from
> your own home.  This would allow the maximum amount of flexibility,

I would, but BellSouth says that my neighborhood doesn't support
*DSL (at least their WWW site tells me that).  Considering how
central I live (Brookhaven/PDK airport), I find it hard to believe.

And Comcast doesn't "allow" hosting services (but I have been
told that tehy look the other way)

Dr. Robert Butera, Assistant Professor                       GGGG
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering		    G
Institute for Bioengineering and Biosciences		    G   GGGTTTTT
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 		    G    G   T
contact info --> http://www.ece.gatech.edu/users/rbutera/    GGGG    T