[ale] Sharp Projector

Jim Williams dalavon at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 31 16:10:45 EDT 1999

I never got a chance to get to the projector in time
to try to get it to work again. My partner tried for a
bit but was unsuccessful. The presentation was this
(Saturday) morning.  We resorted to win but we did
uses Star Office so I was able to create the
presentation on my box.  I just did not have enough
time because I did not know I would have the laptop
till Thursday night.  It went very well though.  I
will need to do another presentation soon so I am
interested in getting one working (this time I will
use the one at work so I have access to it as I need)
so I will post some more exact questions when I get a
chance to try it.

--- Wandered Inn <esoteric at denali.atlnet.com> wrote:
> Jim Williams wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone have ony pointers on how to get a
> Sharp
> > Vision projector to work with Linux.  We are
> trying to
> > get it working with RH6.0 from a laptop.  We are
> doing
> > a presentation on GNOME and Window Managers and it
> > would be a shame to have to use Windows to display
> > screen shots instead of just showing them the real
> > thing.
>
> Does this thing fit between the monitor and the
> computer?  I've used
> such an animal with Linux very successfully if so.
> The only problems
> I've seen, and this applies to any OS, is that you
> need to be sure you
> don't attempt to drive the thing at a resolution it
> doesn't support,
> otherwise you get nothing.
>

> > ===
> > Jim Williams
> > Software Developer, ICC/GRSoftware

> > Free instant messaging and more at
> http://messenger.yahoo.com
>
> --
> Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
>
> It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded
> economy.
> 	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language
> Perl

===