[ale] Sharp Projector

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Sat Jul 31 08:11:57 EDT 1999

Jim Williams wrote:

> Does anyone have ony pointers on how to get a Sharp
> Vision projector to work with Linux.  We are trying to
> get it working with RH6.0 from a laptop.  We are doing
> a presentation on GNOME and Window Managers and it
> would be a shame to have to use Windows to display
> screen shots instead of just showing them the real
> thing.

Does this thing fit between the monitor and the computer?  I've used
such an animal with Linux very successfully if so.  The only problems
I've seen, and this applies to any OS, is that you need to be sure you
don't attempt to drive the thing at a resolution it doesn't support,
otherwise you get nothing.