[ale] LINUX & SuperDisk

Eric Z. Ayers eric.ayers at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 19 18:27:55 EDT 1999

I have one in my machine.  I have Red Hat 5.2 installed

 - you need to install a kernel with ide-floppy support if you want to
    use it. I don't remember if the stock redhat 5.2 supported that or
    not. (I think it did)
 - you cannot boot a floppy boot/rootdisk combo (the ones supplied
    with RH 5.2)

Mine is the slave on the second IDE controller, so I access it through
/dev/hdd

I made a symlink from /dev/floppy to /dev/hdd

I had to make a simple edit /etc/mtools.conf to be able to use it with
the mtools stuff:

#drive a: file="/dev/fd0" exclusive
drive a: file="/dev/hdd" exclusive

-Eric.