[ale] Question for UNIX/Linux gurus...

Justin Russell jwrussell at fs1.mar.lmco.com
Fri Jul 16 15:42:49 EDT 1999

I am trying to set up an alias that will rlogin to a remote machine and change directory to the exact

directory I am on on my local machine.  Anyone know how to do this in sh or ksh?  I have the

exact same directory structure (except $HOME) on both machines.  I have looked at the man pages

on rlogin and telnet and I dont see any way to login to a machine and execute a command all in one command

except with rsh, which logs out afterward.

Any help appreciated,

Justin

 Justin W. Russell
 Engineer, Aerodynamics/CFD