[ale] cd rw

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Thu Jul 15 14:19:37 EDT 1999

Trying to get my machine setup to use a new cd rw.  I'm having a heck of
a time find docs on this stuff.  I've read the cd writer howto and a
number of the scsi docs, both howto and kernel docs.

As I understand it, my cd rw and my existing cdrom will now 'talk' scsi
using the generic scsi driver.  I've rebuilt my kernel and find all
these new modules under scsi and misc.

Does anyone have any urls that spell out the specifics on this.  I've
always found dynamic loaded modules docs to be lacking in the specifics
of exactly how to get things loaded and such.

Anyone have an existing setup they'd care to share /etc/conf.modules?

I'm assuming her that my /dev/hdd cdrom will now be /dev/sd? something,
but can't find any info on this.  Any doc pointers would really be
appreciated.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl