[ale] ODBC for Linux?

Russell Enderby Russell.Enderby at arris-i.com
Wed Jul 14 14:18:14 EDT 1999

I am currently running the MySQL DBD for linux as well as the Perl DBI
for it.  It runs great.  I am trying to access an "Access" database on a
linux/redhat 5.2 box via Perl.  I have been playing with the
DBD-ODBC-0.20 driver which I grabbed from CSPAN but seems it wants
windows to work with the ODBC driver manager.  Also on perl.com/org the
only thing they reference is the Win32::ODBC driver to access a ODBC
database within windows.

Is anyone running a Perl DBI with a ODBC DBD on Linux/Redhat and
accessing a "Access" database either on the linux box itself or remotely
on a win box?

Also any sites that show how to set this up or have any additional info
would be greatly appreciated.

Russell

--
Russell T. Enderby                                        Arris
Interactive
Email: Russell.Enderby at arris-i.com