[ale] [Fwd: matrox millennium II video card problem]

Patrick Ramsey Ramsey_Patrick at promina.org
Wed Jul 14 13:26:20 EDT 1999

Go to matrox and and download their latest firmware.....

Also, force the memory to 4 megs in x86config.

And at 1280x1024, you are using a whole lotta memory... Now that I think about it, if your video card wasn't  reporting 4 megs, you probably would not be able to get any more than 8bpp at that resolution.

So..assuming that your video card is operating correctly, try to bring the color to 256x1280x1024 and see if thatchanges anything...then go to 16bpp, then to 24bpp.

Just a note.  My Matrox g100 w/4m was not vesa compatible until I upgraded the firmware on it.  There's no telling what kinda of cool stuff Matrox decided to leave out of the milliniem firmware.. hehe

-Patrick