[ale] Taking the shaft from Microshaft

Todd Graham Lewis tlewis at mindspring.net
Sun Jul 11 21:27:01 EDT 1999

On Sun, 11 Jul 1999, andy wrote:

> Whenever I connect to the samba shares on ANY linux box from
> Winblows2000,
> 2000 hangs, but it has no problems connecting to a win98 share.  The
> network
> neighbourhood "Stops responding" for 3-5 minutes then i'll see the
> folders.
> from this point it takes 3-5 minutes to do anything in nethood on the
> 2000 box.
> This=sux
>
> Anybody had this experience?

No, but is anyone really suprised?

"New versions of Windows mysteriously non-interoperable with Samba.
Film at 11!"

Report it on the Samba lists; they'll be interested.

--
Todd Graham Lewis                        Postmaster, MindSpring Enterprises
tlewis at mindspring.net                                (800) 719-4664, x22804

      "Do not squander time.  That is the stuff that life is made of."