[ale] Linux topic meeting for Southeastern Software Assoc

Chris Woodruff cwoodruff at worldwindtech.com
Mon Jul 5 16:50:16 EDT 1999

My name is Chris Woodruff and I am the president of Worldwind
Technologies here in Atlanta.  Worldwind is a consulting and system
integration organization focusing on Linux and Open Source solutions for
small to medium sized companies (moving away from the Windows side of
consulting).  I have been to most of the ALE meetings in the past 2
years and have enjoyed meeting the Linux users here in the area.

I have a meeting with the president of the Southeastern Software
Association (SSA -- http://www.sesoft.org) at lunch tomorrow to discuss
setting up a Linux meeting for SSA in the early spring of 2000. SSA is a
member of Technology Association of Georgia (TAG --
http://www.tagonline.org) which is the largest hitech group in Georgia.
This could be a chance to expand the Linux spotlight since most of the
SSA membership is from large companies here in the metro area.  Most of
these people are very interested in Linux and enjoy hearing about it but
are rather uninformed of Linux and the Open Source philosophy.

What I would like to do is seek some help and advice for this meeting.
Should the meeting be a single speaker or a group of speakers in several
key areas.  I haven't started looking at speakers but suggestions are
welcomed.  If anyone would like to help with this I would appreciate
it.  Worldwind is small at the moment but I have plans to grow it steady
in the next year.   I understand of the busy times this summer for the
Showcase so I am looking to start the busy time for this after that
great event.

Thanks

Chris Woodruff
Worldwind Technologies, Inc.