[ale] Counting amount of data

Russell Enderby Russell.Enderby at arris-i.com
Thu Jul 1 09:45:56 EDT 1999

After to put in IP Accounting into the kernel type in:

ipfwadm -a -A -P tcp -S 209.186.14.121 21 -D 0.0.0.0/0
ipfwadm -a -A -P tcp -D 209.186.14.121 21 -S 0.0.0.0/0

Basically the first line will monitor any traffic on 209.186.14.121 on
port 21 (ftp) that is going FROM the ftp server out to ANY IP on the
net. (transmitting packets)

The second line is the reverse.  It will monitor all ftp traffic comming
INTO the ftp server from ANY ip address. (receiving packets).

To view the stats at any time type:

ipfwadm -Al

Hope this helps.
Russell