[ale] OFFTOPIC but cool

Gary Maltzen maltzen at mm.com
Thu Aug 12 11:33:44 EDT 1999

What's the confusion? According to Chris, they were going to send him an
eval copy without charging anything. Hummingbird and Starbase have both send
me limited-duration eval CD-ROMs just for the asking.

OTOH, Microsoft will charge you $12 (to cover shipping and handling) on
'free' upgrades (NT SP5 and O97 SR2, for example) and $20 for 90-day
evaluations of products.