[ale] Problems building 'gimp' (long on detail - sorry)

John M. Mills jmills at jmills.gtri.gatech.edu
Mon May 18 09:41:42 EDT 1998

Thanks for the suggestions.
(1) I thought I had installed gtk correctly, but I will run 'nm' to check
    for the g_string_hash lib entry.
(2) Since this error arises in compilation, I expect it is related to
    'spec' information (i.e., some *.h).  If there is a problem with the
    'rpm', I am not very confident creating a new one -- I should start by
    finding out what is really missing here, and fix the source, header,
    or whatever.
(3) Clearly I should go to the latest versions, as CR suggested.

Thanks -- I'll file a battle report when I try current sources.

  John M. Mills, Senior Research Engineer   --   john.mills at gtri.gatech.edu
    Georgia Tech Research Institute, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA 30332-0834
          Phone contacts: 404.894.0151 (voice), 404.894.6285 (FAX)
 "The one piece of advice I can give you is, put on sunscreen and wear a hat."
                          -- Ted Turner, GSU Commencement, Atlanta, 1994