[ale] Linux consultant needed

John Tolva jntolva at mindspring.com
Thu May 14 13:31:52 EDT 1998

Linux consultant needed ASAP:

The School of Literature, Communication, and Culture at Georgia Tech is
interested in hiring a consultant to help complete a short project
involving the installation of RedHat Linux 5.0 onto an Hewlett-Packard PC
which was formerly running NT.  We are trying to switch the departmental
web accounts from an unsupported Apple AIX Network Server to the new
machine.  This job would require a knowledge of Linux installation and
configuration as well as the ability to transfer accounts from AIX and to
install and configure Apache (plus a few other pieces of network software)
on the new machine.  This is not a full-time project since, once running,
we will not require administration help.  Our guess is that the
installation and transfer will probably take a few days of devoted
attention to get things up and running.

Please respond to webmaster at lcc.gatech.edu.  Payment is negotiable and the
hours would be extremely flexible.

Thanks.

John Tolva

John Tolva, Webmaster
School of Literature, Communication & Culture
Georgia Institute of Technology

net: jntolva at mindspring.com
web: http://jntolva.home.mindspring.com/