[ale] Locked up virtual terminal

Bob Kruger bkruger at mindspring.com
Mon May 4 17:06:38 EDT 1998

So far the folks on this mailing list have bailed me out of every mess I've
ended up in with Linux.  I am hoping the streak will survive this one.

I have a Linux server here at work running as a SQL server.  In editing a
script with Joe this afternoon I managed to lock up one of my virtual
terminals.  I managed to clear the program from running, e.g. used kill and
die to terminate the process, but the screen is still locked up.

This machine needs to run on a continual basis, as the server is constantly
collecting information for both Stores and production equipment reports.
Is there a way to clear this one virtual terminal short of rebooting?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards - Bob Kruger