[ale] libc5 vs libc6

Nomad the Wanderer nomad at rocky.orci.com
Sun May 3 14:01:11 EDT 1998

Ok,
  I've been fighting compiling the xawtv package.  It turns out alot
of the problem was that I had a /lib/libc.so.5 and libc.so.6.  When I
moved it out of the way it compiled nicely.

  I can see that libc.so.6 was installed by glibcs-rpm, but nothing
claimes to own libc.so.5.

  My question, how likely am I committing suicide by removing that?

Robert
Robert L. Harris            |   Educate the Masses,
Senior System Administrator |      Don't just help them to
  at Great West Life.        \_       Remain ignorant.

http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

FYI: