[ale] Another issue: unresolved symbol __fxstat

J. Anthony Smith anthony.smith at chemistry.gatech.edu
Sat May 2 02:37:44 EDT 1998

Eric Z. Ayers wrote:

> Well, since we are on the subject of KDE, I've installed Beta 4 at
> home and I like it a lot save one LITTLE thing - kfm keeps crashing.
> I finally figured out that I could restart it by hitting ALT-F2 and
> typing 'kfm'.  Having KFM crash pretty much cripples KDE.
>
> Are there updates to programs such as kfm distributed separately from
> the entire KDE system download?   Are there bug reporting procedures I
> should go through?
>
> -Eric.

The updates exist but as source in the .../kde/unstable directory. On my mirror, it
is ftp://canine.resnet.gatech.edu/pub/kde/unstable. Also people post things to
/pub/kde/Incoming. I used to have problems with KFM crashing a lot but it hasn't
happened at all since I installed Beta4. Is there anything in particular that seems
to make it crash and does the crash generate any errors to your console (if you
start KDE from command line and not xdm)?
Cheers, Anthony