[ale] redhat

William Mahavier wsm at mathcs.emory.edu
Wed Jun 3 13:23:27 EDT 1998

I have the 5.0 redhat boxed set. I have an ams notebook
with a new media bustoaster pcmcia scsi card and a scsi cdrom. redhat
lists my card as supported. The boot floppies will not recognize it.
redhat support said to download a boot.img and use rawrite. I did. It
hangs my machine. Suggestions will be appreciated.

I might install from a dos partiton but I do not have room for all the
rpm files on my dos partition and I don't know, nor have I been able
to find in the redhat docs what files are essential so I could load
them, install and add packages later. I did find mention of a base/
series set but can't find it.

Any help on installing by either method will be appreciated. Or a
recommendation for a doc or howto to read.

Thanks, Bill