[ale] question about slackware 3.2

Eric Z. Ayers eric at compgen.com
Mon Sep 29 11:24:38 EDT 1997

The default slackware setup runs 'updatedb' every morning at 7:00 pm.
This creates a database for the 'update' command.  Check root's crontab
by logging as root and typing 'crontab -l' and you'll see the command
that's doing it.

I love locate. I'm glad they (slakware folks) did this for no other
reason that now I know about the locate utility.

-Eric.