[ale] Linuxware by Trans-Ameritech (fwd)

Marc A. Torres marct at lowbyte.com
Mon Sep 29 10:53:06 EDT 1997

	I did a quick search thru the kernel source and it appears
	if this were a real problem you would receive an error when
	the PCI bus is initialized. "pci_init: no BIOS32 detected"

	I have seen this error message before because several SCSI
	and other drivers can make wrong assumptions while attempting
	to autodetect controllers in your machine.   When I got it
	it was on a machine with an EISA bus.

	So, if everything else works, I think you can ignore it.
	Just compile a new kernel for only the HW you have in your
	machine and it will "go away".

	Marc Torres
	marct at mindspring.com

On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, Byron A Jeff wrote:   [...edited...]