[ale] lp broken?

Robert L Harris nomad at rocky.orci.com
Tue Sep 16 20:12:57 EDT 1997

  I'm running 2.1.54 still.  Sometime in the past kernel revs I now
get no printer.  This is all I get on initialization:

Sep 16 16:52:03 dogbert kernel: lp: driver loaded but no devices found

I have /dev/lp0, lp1 and lp2.  Does anyone know of lp is broken
in this kernel?  Is is fixed in a future rev?

A side note.  While doing a "grep lp /proc/*" I get a really interesting
core file dropped to pwd.  This may or may-not be critical, but then again,
I'm not good at finding exploits.

Robert

Robert L. Harris          |    If NT is the answer,
System Engineer For Hire. \_     you don't understand the question.

Email:
Robert at ast.lmco.com
http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER: