[ale] Jaz write protected?

Geoffrey Myers geof at abraxis.com
Tue Sep 16 08:02:14 EDT 1997

Robert L. Harris wrote:

> I have a Jaz (2 actually) and some carts.  Problem is I don't want to
> have
> to worry about booting to windows to remove the protection (which is
> screwy).
> Does anyone know if you can remove the write protect (not passwd
> protected)
> from linux?  If so, how?

I downloaded a tool called 'ziptool' that does this for my zip drive.
Looking at the man page it says it's a "Tool for Iomega JAZ and ZIP," so
maybe this is what you're looking for.  Check out:

http://www.torque.net/ziptool.html

There's no reference to JAZ drives in the html page, but the man page
definitely does and I just looked at the README file and when I
installed ziptool, I have a link to another tool called jaztool.  I've
just gotten it and and all I've used it for up to this point is to eject
my disk, which works.  Check it out.

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at abraxis.com	http://www.abraxis.com/geof

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....