[ale] Job Posting

Geoffrey Myers geof at abraxis.com
Fri Oct 17 22:55:47 EDT 1997

Coyote wrote:

> For upper 20's you will probably get someone who has
> very little professional skill.  The current range
> for UNIX sys admins in Atlanta is 60-90k, depending
> on whether one is contracting or permanent employee.
> I wish you well in your search, and would submit my
> on resume were the offered salary in line with the
> rest of the industry.

Although I too find upper 20's a bit low for an administrator position,
I believe 60-90k is the other end of the bell curve from upper 20's.  It
appears to me that you two have different definitions of a sys admin.  A
moderately skilled sys admin for my company would command 30-50k and the
upper end would be limited to someone with additional skills such as
networking, heavy kernel tuning experience.

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at abraxis.com