[ale] re-writing from address w/sendmail-8.8.8

Steven A. DuChene sad at sduchene.users.mindspring.com
Tue Nov 11 08:55:01 EST 1997

As you can see from the headers on this message I am getting my
from address as sad at sduchene.users.mindspring.com and since this
address does not exist when I'm not connected I had my old version
of sendmail configured to remap this to sduchene at mindspring.com
using the generics table. My generics table has the following line
in it:

sduchene at mindspring.com sad

which worked fine with sendmail-5.67b+IDA-1.5 sendmail I was running
but several folks hinted to me that I should upgrade to a newer version.
I did so this weekend and this feature stopped working. In my sendmail.cf
there is a line that reads:

# Generics table (mapping outgoing addresses)
Kgenerics hash /usr/local/lib/mail/generics

Can anyone give me any hints as to why this doesn't work.

BTW, since my header on this E-mail message does not have the correct
address just send stuff to the list and I'll see it at work or else
send replies to sduchene at mindspring.com

Thanks...
--
Steven A. DuChene   Linux Fan!  http://www.mindspring.com/~sduchene

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog it's
too dark to read.
                -- Groucho Marx