[ale] On-board controllers

geary geary at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Nov 7 15:17:25 EST 1997

>                                         I haven't had
> any problems with them execpt that my PCI video card
> freaks out when I reboot so that I have to turn the
> machine off to reboot.

  What causes this?  My machine does the same thing.
As far as I can tell, it is not a PCI prob cuz I had
an ISA card earlier and the same thing happened.  If
you reboot from Win95 or Linux w/ the OS, sometimes
it works fine but most times the machine reboots but
the video stays black.  Turning the monitor on/off
does nothing.  Cold reboot fixes it just fine.
  just curious...
   -geary