[ale] Sharing dumb terminal display

Tucker Balch tucker at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Nov 3 09:52:23 EST 1997

Not sure about control of dumb terminals, but with X you can have
"multi-headed" displays controlled from the same kb and mouse.
That would require you to get another monitor and graphics card.

--Tucker

Brad Dixon said this:

> Hello,
>
> I'm considering getting a vt100 dumb terminal for use as some extra
> display space for textual information. I'm aware that I can use the
> terminal's keyboard to control the terminal. What I would really like to
> be able to do, however, is hide it's keyboard and control it from my main
> keyboard.
>
> Is it possible to share keyboard control of the terminal tty with another
> keyboard? Maybe somehow with virtual terminals?
>
> The point of this whole endevour is I want the display space but don't
> really want another keyboard cluttering the area.
>
> Brad
>
> --
> Brad Dixon
> Georgia Tech Research Institute -- Atlanta, GA
> gt5392c at prism.gatech.edu  // finger -l gt5392c at acme.gatech.edu for PGP Key

Tucker Balch                                            home (404) 874-9129
Mobile Robot Laboratory, Georgia Tech               . office (404) 894-9311
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~tucker                         fax (404) 894-9846