[ale] Setting a Windows machine to a Linux Printer

David S. Jackson dsj at dsj.net
Mon Dec 1 14:03:38 EST 1997

>>>>> "jas" == Jon Anthony Smith <gt7564c at acmey.gatech.edu> writes:

jas> On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, Robert L Harris wrote:
jas> Hi Robert,
jas> 	Have you tried getting samba to work with your situation? It has
jas> been quite successful for me in a situation much like yours. A little bit
jas> of reading and a little bit or tweaking with the samba configuration file
jas> and you'll be a happy camper.

Anthony,
I thought I'd pipe in here and ask a question:

What do you use for a print filter to Win95 can print to your Samba
printer under Linux?

I'm using one of the stock ones for a DeskJet 450C or some such (my
printer is old), and even though Win95 sees it in the 'network
neighborhood', it can't succeed in printing.  Everything else in Samba
seems to be working fine, though.

TIA
--
                       __   _