[ale] had to happen (fwd)

Unix Guru Dude geof at denali.is.net
Sun May 5 21:48:57 EDT 1996

I just had to pass this one on.....

}From: Paulina Borsook from John Markoff from "a friend" ...
}
}     And what do Baby Gates and Daddy's products have in common?
}
}
}     1.  Neither can stand on its own two feet without a LOT of third
}         party support.
}
}     2.  Both barf all over themselves _regularly_.
}
}     3.  In looking back at both we all would probably rather he
}         hadn't done that.
}
}     4.  As they mature, we pray that they will be better than that
}         which preceeded them.
}
}     5.  At first release they're relatively compact, but they seem to
}         grow and grow and grow with each passing year.
}
}     6. Although announced with great fanfare, pretty much anyone
}        could have produced one.
}
}     7. They arrive in shaky condition with inadequate documentation.
}
}     8. No matter what, it takes several months between the
}        announcement and the actual release.
}
}     9. Bill gets the credit, but someone else did most of the work.
}
}     10. For at least the next year, they'll suck.
}
}     11. Someone at Apple is the *real* father.
}
}     12. Now CEOs throughout the industry will be scrambling to have
}         kids of their own.
}
}     13. In a few years there will actually be someone named Gates
}         who understands the Internet.
}
}     14. Kid's actual name is "Microsoft Child for Windows".

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at denali.is.net   Unix.Guru.Dude at worldnet.att.net
	http://www.ticllc.net/~geof  or http://denali.is.net/~geof

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....